10.05.2007

Switch


I suppose I can never really get rid of having an online journal... but I can certainly grow out of what I've grown into all these years. Running away from greatestjournal, which is dying anyway. Mostly just tired of the dry, bland taste of journalers that have taken over, creating their rating communities that always die and never really having anything of importance or interest to say at all. Plus, I had to follow my lunalady here and stalk her because she's my heart.

BG- My name is Cassandra and I'm 21, currently residing in Denver, Colorado in the projects outside of the city. I live in a two story house with my boyfriend of a year+, James, and our roommate/friend/drinking buddy, Matt. We've got a pit/lab mix named Lola, a kitty named Fugee and all of her rugrats that she birthed out a month ago or so. I don't go to school, don't know if I ever will go back. The thought of paying for my education sickens me. I can learn just as much if not more with a fucking library card. I work for Starbucks, but it's really not as bad as it sounds. For now atleast. It's money, what can I say? I'm an artist and a lover and a neurotic who's trying to quit smoking and remain off prescription drugs. My dream is to play banjo in a folk/black metal/experimental band and sing, naming ourselves "bruises of love" and recording off of shitty reel to reel tapes. It will happen. Also, to travel and see the world, ride vespas in Europe and leave this country behind. I want to own my own coffee shop/art gallery/venue/book store and be the warm, thriving heart of a community of fellow artfags, musicians and lost creative souls. It seems so far away, but I've had dreams about this. And my name isn't Cassandra for nothing.

Today I finally get paid after three months of being absolutely penniless. I feel so relieved that I'll no longer be failing myself in that department and I can stop all this self destructive behavior. I hate to say, but I'll probably buy a pack of Red Stripe lager, fix my bike up and get lost in some park with my polaroid camera. Really I should be conserving my money, but I haven't been able to do anything for myself and am seriously feeling some disheartening thoughts about that.

love.

5 comments:

I Am Not Ghengis Kahn said...

go do your thaaaangs with your money... you gotta be selfish sometimes.

you should read my blog on Lil Wayne, if you haven't already. it's called "I Knew I Hated Lil' Wayne, But This Is A Lot"

jansy said...

I wanted to go back to coffee bean just because I have no job and sometimes I feel like there's just no other alternative but fuck working...gah.
I decided I'd try this out, since lj is cool and has more people but still...sort of the same mentality as gj.

mella said...

hello you

heartsbones said...

(It's Manda :))
I'm glad you're still online somehow, since the mail hates me (obviously) & sometimes you're phones off so texting can be a problem. I'm thinking about getting the hell away from GJ too. I find I'm not compelled to update & whatnot because I don't care about what the majority of the people on there have to say; which might be mean but it's true.

Either way, I'm glad you're still around :)

Verte Mort said...

word.